Sunday, July 27, 2008

Wedding in the Rotunda at Orchestra Hall

The Rotunda at Symphony Hall was the venue for Elizabeth and Peter’s wedding on Saturday evening. It’s hard to describe the room and its long spiral staircase and skylight and my photo doesn’t do the room justice but I think you can get an idea. Michael Lewis, rental events manager worked behind the scenes to handle the details.

Anne Harman, private event consultant for Rhapsody, and her staff attended the rehearsal and then coordinated the details of getting the ceremony underway. They also were responsible for the reception that followed. It was a pleasure to work with Anne and her staff.

JD Music, which for this event included James Hahn on the violin and a cello and piano, provide the music for the ceremony and they did a superb job. I’ve worked with James at other weddings and now with this Blog it’s fun to be able to tell my readers about the really good people that I have the pleasure of working with.

Aaron Rojas of Aaron’s Photography took the pictures, not the ones on this Blog but the official ones, which we haven’t seen yet.

Couples looking for a non-traditional setting will find the Rotunda is a good choice and then coupled with excellent service provide by Michael Lavin, lavinm@cso.org and Anne Harman, aharman@rhapsodychicago.com, this venue is a true winner in my book. I hope I have the opportunity to conduct another wedding their soon.



Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

No comments: