Sunday, September 20, 2009

Prairie Production

This was my second wedding at Prairie Production which seems to have become a very popular venue.There is a good photo of the space on the website and as I walked in I was struck with the fact that it looked entirely different than it did at the last wedding I conducted there.

After the ceremony I met Michael Roberts who owns the space and was also the photographer for the wedding. He hosts private events in there and also uses it as a daylight studio for photos.

EventCreative was the caterer and I suspect, based on their website they were also the florist and did the room decor. It was very impressive.

It's always a pleasure to work with Fig Media, this week Megan Taylor was the Deejay. The room presented some challenges for her but she was right on top of it and did a great job. She was also a huge help to me when the musicians performing the processional and recessional started the recessional before the ceremony was over. Megan responded quickly and saved the day and part of the ceremony.

If you are looking for a venue that's like a blank canvas because you want to do some creative decorating be sure to check out Prairie Production.

Trisha and Stephen chose not to hire a wedding planner or coordinator and not to have a rehearsal so I was happy I could step in and coordinate the ceremony for them. We had worked through ahead of time some tricky seating arrangements for family members as well as all the other pre-ceremony details like the seating order of grandparents and parents, order of the processional and how the groom, groomsmen and brides maids would process it. I think the entire ceremony came together well and Stephen and Trisha were please.


No comments: