Sunday, June 1, 2008

Fulton’s On the River

I first visited Fulton’s, located at 315 N. LaSalle Street, a couple of years ago when The Knot sponsored a party there for its Chicago vendors. The party was hosted on the outdoor patio which looks out on the Chicago River with great views of the loop.

Recently I have conducted two weddings at Fulton’s. Carolyn and Tom were married there in April and Hanh and John were married there this afternoon. Jamie Patrick, the sales manager was wonderful to work with and made my job much easier.

The wedding was held in a long narrow room with views of the Chicago River and cocktails and an endless supply of wonderful appetizers were served on the outdoor patio along the river. It was a perfect spring day in Chicago and setting could not have been better. I didn’t stay for the reception but I did peek into the spacious lower-level dining room that was elegantly set for dinner.

It was a genuine pleasure for me to get to know Hanh and John as we prepared their unique ceremony. It is rare when a bride and groom memorize their vows but John and Hanh did just that and it added a very special touch. I also had a great time talking with some friends from Washington DC who used to attend the church where I was a pastor here in Chicago. Barbara had worked with Hanh in DC before she moved here. Barbara had introduced me to Hanh and John which led to the honor of conducting their wedding. Glen Abog was the photographer and I have asked him for one of his professional photos to post here later.

Couples who are looking for a waterfront wedding and reception site will I think be very happy with Fulton’s On the River, give them a call at 312 527-1417

No comments: