Sunday, June 22, 2008

Weddings at A Tavola

I had never heard of A Tavola, located at 2148 W. Chicago Avenue until I was asked to conduct a wedding there in January when Marge and Rick got married in their favorite restaurant. I looked it up on Yelp Chicago and they have 39 rave reviews. Normally I don’t attend receptions but Marge is the sister of some friends that I don’t see very often so when I had the opportunity to catch up with them and have a great meal, I just couldn’t pass it up.

There were about 30 guests and the ceremony was short and intimate. Rick’s four children from his previous marriage and Marge’s three daughters also from a previous marriage were their attendants. Wow, what an attractive group they were! The meal was fantastic if you want more details look at the Yelp website.

A few months later another couple asked me to conduct their wedding at A Tavola and I was thrilled to say yes. So yesterday Lindsey and Trajan had a 6:00 wedding with ten guests in the small and intimate upstairs room at A Tavola. I arrived before anyone else and was greeted by the friendly staff. I ended up talking for about 20 minutes to the chef/owner, Dan Bocik who was having a salad before the start of a busy evening. I discovered that they have a charming outside patio in addition to the first and second floor rooms. It was a perfect evening for dinner outside. I enjoyed a plate of cheese, bread, olives and olive oil while Dan and I talked.

I didn’t stay for dinner last night but I had been back in May for another great dinner with some good friends. So, if you are looking for a place for a small and intimate wedding in a charming setting with food that is outstanding I would strongly encourage you to contact A Tavola. They have a small and selective menu always based on fresh ingredients and in addition to their menu, shown on the website, they have daily specials. Call them at 773 276-7567 for reservations.

No comments: