Saturday, May 24, 2008

Classical Guitar and Cello Music




Last Sunday I conducted a wedding where Paul and Kerena Moeller of Moeller Music provided the music. They describe themselves as a, “rare and beautiful combination of the classical guitar and cello” which is a perfect description of what I heard.

They have a repertoire that covers a range of musical styles and they were able to provide a seamless flow of music while the guests were being seated through the processional. The piece that they played for the recessional, "Bridal March" by Felix Mendelssohn sounded so amazing that it startled me. Here’s what happened, I introduced the bride and groom to their guests as husband and wife, everyone applauded and then the music began. The music they played sounded to me so much like a pipe organ that I looked over at them to see if they had brought in an organ or keyboard when I wasn’t watching. No, it was them still playing the cello and guitar. It was absolutely beautiful!

Paul and Kerena stayed to play during the cocktail hour too. Here they switched musical styles to create a more contemporary mood. You can hear samples of what they can play during receptions here.

If you would like them to provide beautiful cello and guitar music for your wedding and reception you can reach them at (224) 535-8932 or through the contact form on their webpage. I know that I am looking forward to working with them, hopefully soon.

No comments: